Saturday, September 3, 2011

Blame It On The Alcohol

http://images1.citysearch.net/assets/imgdb/guide/2009/11/4/0/zRLyUutX76.jpeg

http://detroit10.cityspur.com/2009/01/15/best-bars-in-detroit/

http://www.michigan.org/global/Media/505/FS7_lansing_Great-Dining-&-Nightlife.jpg



Some say to be a good writer, it pays to be inebriated. I myself am a writer, or I think I am. I may not be too good at it but still. I write, and I need to have a clear mind. Plus, I am under the age of 21. I view myself these days as straightedge.

Straightedge is a person who doesn't drink, do drugs, or smoke cigarets even. I just don't see the point. I have enough teenage angst still built up that it is not needed. I am sure through life, I will always carry some with me.

Also, the age thing always comes up when I tell people I love to write. "you're only 19, what can you have to write about?" Well, I think the teenage years and before are most interesting to write about. Although, that is all I can write about with personal in my body experience. I could observe others and write about them but I would much rather have them tell their own stories instead of making one up by looking at them.

As a child, I was always told not to judge. If a writer takes an idea from just looking at someone, that is judging. However, I look at it in the following way: If you notice someone interesting, get to know them. If you get to know them, you could take mental notes to help with the writing process. Some may call that extorting but if you take the experiences and put your own personal life twist on them, then it is fiction.

No comments:

Post a Comment