Wednesday, September 7, 2011

Ways to clear my mind

Writing helps me take all of my cluttered thoughts and spew them onto a page. I have noticed that sometimes, my poetry, journals, or anything really, make sense in some way but not others. I have to re read often to revise my writing. I also rewrite notes for classes so that concepts make sense to me.

I have been spending parts of my day cleaning my room and editing videos and I found a book that I really have no use for anymore. I am going to donate it but I still want to keep some sense of it. How did I do that you ask? I looked up the subject online and printed out pages of the exercises. [the book,  should add, is a yoga book] So now, I have printed diagrams and the names of the poses in a clean format. I will now put them in a buinder and use it often instead of having a book sit on my shelf. I love the book, it's just some of the things, I have outgrown.

Now, don't take that last remark as me outgrowing everything. I feel it is good to go back to basics and these days, it is easy to. I just need to reduce some of the things in my life and if I can go from having a book to just having pages in a binder, I will be downsizing.

I have always donated books that are no longer useful to me as well. It was something my parents instilled in me at a young age. "If you have no use for it, someone else might."

No comments:

Post a Comment