Thursday, September 1, 2011

Let The Stress Melt Away

"Some of the secret joys of living are not found by rushing from point A to point B, but by inventing some imaginary letters along the way."
-Douglas Pagels
http://trininista.blogspot.com/2011/08/hoppilicious-saturday.html


     With only a few days left until the neighborhood becomes quiet again, I looked for pictures that depict childhood to me. Kids don't play like we use to. I am almost 20 now and I have lived in the same house for almost 18 years. Back when I was in grade school, we use to play with chalk all the time in the summer. Drawing, hopscotch, we'd do it all for hours. 
      Now, kids sit inside and watch television. (I have become guilty of this as well) I wonder if it's because of our neighborhood changing or just society. There are so many things that can be done, outside and otherwise. These don't have to consist of sitting in front of the TV or computer. (yes, I realize I am doing that now.) 
Sometimes, don't you just wish you could regain your childhood?




[Links to photos underneath them]



No comments:

Post a Comment